Great Victoria Desert Adventure
Meet Point & further trip information discussed during onboarding.
Register your interest in this adventure now by letting us know – Email email@example.com now!
This is a flexible trip, with easy going days of touring adventure throughout the landscape of the mighty Great Victoria Desert.
Craving a desert adventure?
We’ll be travelling some of the famous desert tracks forged decades ago by the late Len Beadell after the July School Holidays in 2022
Firstly we will enter the desert via some of the Anne Beadell highway & Lake Rason sections after meeting near Menzies, before travelling to our most Eastern desination of Ilkurlka roadhouse. Our next move will be to head south down the Connie Sue Hwy toward Rawlinna after passing back through Neale Junction. From here we will journey back toward Kalgoorlie along the trans access line. This is our intended plan, but the region is so expansive & there are numerous areas of which we may have the abaility to deviate & explore at leisure. We will maintain a flexible trip plan as with all our trips to match the group, weather & track conditions.
We’ll be visiting points of interest along the way, soaking up the desert air & we have a number of camps planned for our travels along this desert route. Please note these will all be bush camping & generally we will aim to make camp in the later afternoon with plenty of available light. A group campfire of an evening will also be a major feature.
If a bit of isolation & remote touring ticks your box, this trip will impress at a fantastic time of year for travel to the desert interior.
The trip will include costs for your permit(s) as required & camp fee’s at Ilkurlka roadhouse & our professional fees for this supported journey into the desert lands.
We will also take part in a cooking share night on this journey – More info provided in the lead up.
**This is a remote area adventure**
- Vehicle should be inspected by a reputable mechanic prior to attending
- Any vehicle specific tools should be carried including basic spares
- Fuses for fridges & two way radios & battery management systems should be carried.
- We will run through a remote pre trip assessment with you at time of enquiry to ensure your preparedness & suitability.
You will need to be self sufficient on this adventure; please note:
- Diesel is available at Ilkurlka Roadhouse.
- Opal is available by arrangement at Ilkurlka Roadhouse
- Basic supplies are available at Ilkurlka Roadhouse
- Showers & water are available at Ilkurlka Roadhouse.
- No other facilities, or services are available between the start & finish of our trip.
Please register your interest for this small group journey as min & max numbers apply.
Further information regarding the trip will be provided upon registering interest with a private Facebook group set up for participants.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST FOR JULY 2022 NOW – 20th – 26th July 6 Night /7 Day adventure
Trip price – $1575 vehicle / inc 2 Adults
Meet point will be nearby Laverton, WA
Finish point will be nearby Kalgoorlie, WA
Please direct all enquiries to Jed @ Explore WA via firstname.lastname@example.org