Great Victoria Desert Adventure
5 Day/5 Night adventure in the East Pilbara
Depart – Newman | Return – Newman
It takes 11.5 hours from Perth – Newman
Craving a desert adventure?
We’ll be travelling some of the famous desert tracks forged decades ago by the late Len Beadell after the July School Holidays
Firstly we will enter the desert via the Anne Beadell highway from Laverton travelling onto Ilkurlka roadhouse, before heading South down the Connie Sue Hwy to Rawlinna. From here we will journey back toward Kalgoorlie along the trans access line.
We’ll be visiting the sights along the way, soaking up the desert air & we have a number of camps planned for our travels along this desert route. If a bit of isolation & remote touring ticks your box, this trip will impress at a fantastic time of year for travel to the desert interior of the state.
The trip will include costs for your permits & camp fee’s at Ilkurlka roadhouse & our professional fees for this supported journey into the Ngaanyatjarra lands.
We will also take part in a cooking share night on this journey.
**This is a remote area adventure**
- Vehicle should be inspected by a reputable mechanic prior to attending
- Any vehicle specific tools should be carried including basic spares
- Fuses for fridges & two way radios & battery management systems should be carried.
- We will run through a remote pre trip assessment with you at time of enquiry to ensure your preparedness & suitability.
You will need to be self sufficient on this adventure; please note:
- Diesel is available at Ilkurlka Roadhouse.
- Basic supplies are available at Ilkurlka Roadhouse
- Showers & water are available at Ilkurlka Roadhouse.
- Ilkurlka does an awesome burger!
- No other facilties, or services are available between the start & finish of our trip.
Please register your interest for this small group journey as min & max numbers apply.
Further information regarding the trip will be provided upon registering interest.
Cost Per Vehicle: $1050.00